Saturday, April 25, 2009

Relay for Life 2009

What an awesome even Relay for Life is. This is the first year I have went to this amazing event here in McKinney. Kaysee and I decided we would take our kiddos out for the booths and to support our Minshew friends at various booths. The kids had a blast and we got to walk around in awesome weather and here/read amazing battles. It was touching to see the bags with survivors and those in memory of the battle with cancer. Since I had Melanoma just 1 year and a half ago and had to have major surgery and a lymph node removed, this battle hits home with me. I had to fight back tears as we saw bags with names and pictures of little ones on there that either won or lost their battle. But... on a fun note.. the Mr. Relay pageant was hysterical. There was an older man that was our favorite. He knew how to work it and was hysterical! As we were leaving, he and his wife had parked next to Kaysee. What was awesome, was he and his wife both were survivors and he was proof that God is good and we should enjoy this life while we are here. He is an inspiration to me and I am sure he is to others as well! Enjoy the pics. :)

No comments: